Power of One Fund Associate
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Corporate Advancement Director
Territory/Location: North Carolina – Greensboro / Winston-Salem, Raleigh and Charlotte
Position Summary: Wharton Gladden is currently seeking an Associate for the Power of One Fund. The associate supports the annual fundraising campaign and serves as a liaison to Fund members and community partners.
Essential Functions: The essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
– Speak to organizations to raise community awareness about the Fund and its issues of focus;
– Assist in the recruitment of new members, manage database, and implement the renewal process;
– Respond to inquiries from fund members, prospective members, and the community for information;
– Represent the Fund by making public presentations and participating in community organizations as appropriate;
– Actively participate in a civic or non-profit organization in your target area;
– Consistently participate and engage in all team meetings and conference calls;
– Assist corporate advancement director in organizing and hosting seminars/events;
– Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
– A bachelor’s degree preferred;
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
– Understanding of the nonprofit and philanthropy landscape in North Carolina;
– Ability to take initiative and work as a responsible, self-managed leader, acting without day-to-day supervision;
– Ability to function as part of a team and interact respectfully with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives;
– 3 years of previous work experience in communications, marketing and/or sales demonstrating progressive growth;
– Excellent planning, organizational and research skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects;
– Computer savvy and experience with various software systems, a minimum basic working knowledge of Adobe, MS Office, particularly Excel. Intermediate Excel proficiency and experience with SalesForce and cloud file management preferred.
Interested candidates should e-mail their resume and cover letter to Crystal Laverde – firstname.lastname@example.org
Wharton Gladden provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Wharton Gladden complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company conducts business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.