Wharton Gladden ‘Developing Excellence’ Summer Internship Program offers current undergraduate and graduate students from top universities the opportunity to gain investment banking training and experience through an interoffice and unpaid field study program during the summer. Students will invest their time in exchange for training in analytical techniques used by leading investment banking firms and hands on experience applying these skills. If a prospective transaction comes under engagement during the course of the study program, the student may receive the option to work on a live transaction.
In addition, students will engage in a unique career development program through not only job shadowing and mentorship with internal team members, but they will also have a special opportunity to connect with external corporate leaders participating in the summer program.
Wharton Gladden firmly believes in philanthropic service, so students will plan, host and lead a community event to raise money for local charities.
We are seeking a high quality student with the following skills:
– Strong personal character with high integrity, honesty and creativity
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
– Commitment to being a team player
– Superior analytical, critical-thinking and computer skills
– Ability to analyze and present financial models
– Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
– Understanding of basic valuation terms, concepts and methodologies
– Preferred discipline or major in finance, accounting, business or economics
Our Associate Intern will provide back-office transaction support to the business development team. Assist Managing Director in all aspects of delivering an outstanding investment banking experience to clients, including:
– Meeting preparation and responding to client inquiries
– Market research, elements of financial analysis, due-diligence and capital placement
– Ongoing database management – leads, prospects, clients, industry partners and capital sources
– Assist with creating a personal development plan for the study program
The ‘Developing Excellence’ Summer Internship Program will be based in our Greensboro, NC office. Student will mostly work from home.
Interested candidates should e-mail their resume and cover letter to Crystal Laverde – email@example.com
Wharton Gladden provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Wharton Gladden complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company conducts business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.